“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly,” (John 10:10).
Do you take God for His Word in John 10:10 when faced with the troubles of life? Beloved of God, in order for your prayers to be powerful, effective, and victorious, you must. If not, you’ll be filled with unbelief instead of full of the confident assurance needed to receive the promises of God by faith.
Why? Because if you believe God is the source of the killing, stealing, and destroying you find yourself in, it is difficult to pray believing you are fighting the very will of God for you, a loved one, or this nation.
But if you believe your heavenly Father and take Him for His Word in simple, childlike faith, that:
- Jesus came so you “may have life and have it abundantly” (John 10:10),
- His purpose is to “destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8),
…then your prayers of faith will be powerful, effective, and victorious.
Now that you know the true source. What you can do. You are not powerless but armed with the Word and mighty in God for the pulling down of strongholds.
- Look to the Word of God for His YES and AMEN promises that apply to your situation and pray prayers of petition in Jesus’ name according to, “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him,” (1 John 5:14-5).
- Only believe. “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them,” (Mark 11:24).
- Pray offensively using spiritual warfare. “So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you,” (Matthew 17:20).
Father, bless these dear readers, and help them with any unbelief. Lead them into all truth by Your Holy Spirit that You are only for them. That You want to partner with them as they offer up their prayers and use their blood-bought authority over the works of the devil affecting their lives. But that they must pray, so Your will is done for them, their loved ones, and this nation on earth as it is in heaven in Jesus’ name, amen.
You can read parts 1 and 2 here:
- “Why Did God Allow This?” – Part 1: Misuses and Misunderstandings
- “Why did God Allow This?” – Part 2: In the face of evil, “Am I going to press into God or push Him away?”